Naturally I am talking about Governor Palin here. I have heard her referred to as Mrs. Moneypenny, a Stepford wife and the "hot" teacher of Van Halen's fantasy. All of that is about image and is only sexist BS. What she is, in reality, is a bright attractive woman with some genuine talent and a whole bunch of good fortune. What she is not is a qualified person for the second highest office in the nation. Who is kidding who? Along with the cultish devotion to Obama, this is one of the best examples of mass projection I have witnessed in my lifetime.
What do we have here?
1. Less than 2 years experience as governor of a state isolated from the nation with less than 700,000 population.
2. Ongoing investigation into abuse of power charges and her subsequent suppression of evidence. Update: Found guilty of abuse of power by independent commission in Alaska.
3. A 17 year old daughter forced into a shotgun wedding for political expediency.
4. No foreign policy experience other than living near Russia according to her own words.
5. Virulently anti-choice.
6. Supports the deliberate gunning down of wildlife. I am not talking about hunting either.
7. Supports drilling for oil whenever and wherever it may be available. Not one word about oilco's using up their current leases.
8. Repeated lies about the so-called "bridge to nowhere". Spun and spun but still a lie. Do we dare ask about the $26,000,000 road to nowhere?
9. Out of the mainstream religious beliefs. Her church supports gay conversion therapy and speaking in tongues.
10. No recent press conferences. What is she afraid of? The truth may slip out?
Update: Well, we sure found out the reason for this one, didn't we?
One or two of these might be something I could deal with. The last one multiplies the others by 10 fold. It is very Nixonian and Bush tactic wise.
Those came right off the top of my head and one might note they are not gender specific. There are other things which can't be articulated so easily, such as her vapid beauty pageant demeanor during her speeches which is probably sexist on my part, but it doesn't imbue confidence in me. Honestly,the thought of Sarah Palin anywhere near the Oval Office other than as a visitor freaks me out.
Has half the nation lost it's mind? Seriously. When did people stop thinking for themselves? I.E.; We all saw John McCain shoot his own principles in the back when he embraced George Bush after that man smeared him during the SC primary in 2000. This man has spent the last 6 months compromising every position he has ever stood for, except two. He is anti-gay and wants to repeal Roe v. Wade. Maverick? More like a Pinto. You know, the car that would catch on fire sitting in your driveway.
As for those who supported Hillary and immediately jumped on the Palin bandwagon when her candidacy was announced. What principles guided them to Ms. Palin? Please. How do you turn around and support someone who is the polar opposite in all categories but one? By doing this, they are perpetuating the media image of them as bitter, old lonely women, while making a mockery of their support for Hillary Clinton. How sad.
They dumped all over Senator Obama when he called a reporter "sweetie", yet they now turn a blind eye and make excuses for Senator McCain's repeated worse than sweetie sexist remarks. Again I ask; who is kidding who?
Yes, Governor Palin, you can smear lipstick all over that pit bull, and you may have a "hockey mom", but you don't have a qualified Vice Presidential candidate.
My Own Q & A With Comey, Brennan and Clapper. - With former FBI Director Jim Comey having testified yet again to another congressional committee, and with former CIA Director John Brennan and former...
1 year ago