Trend Watch

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Deja vu all over again?

When I read about JPMorgan Chase's plan to buy two Gulfstream 650 planes and upgrade a luxury hangar for them to park in for about $138 million, I couldn't help but think about Ronald Reagan. Much to the delight of his fellow Republicans, he liked to talk about the "welfare queens" some of who allegedly used food stamps and then went outside the store and drove home in new Cadillacs. Now I need someone to explain to me the difference between those mythic ladies and these corporate cheeses who accept billions ($25 billion in this case) of dollars from taxpayers and then fly home in executive jets? Ever since Secy. Paulson opened up the All You Can Spend Buffet at the Treasury Department, these corporations have not only eaten their fill, they are now feasting on rich desserts. When will corporate diabetes kick in? It is obvious these people have no shame thus any sympathy I might have for my fellow travelers down life's path, will not be wasted on those whose genetic makeups don't even understand the words "fair", "share", "empathy", or "equality". Go to hell, you greedy bastards you.

No comments: