Trend Watch

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Getting by...

Another day rolls by and I seem locked into a state of ennui. My creative process has all but dried up and I feel as if I lost something I never had. I miss Hillary.
I see Al Gore has bellied up to the bar in a rather anti-climatic way. I suppose they think he is the designated driver who will round up all of us stray deadenders and take us home to Obama.
Sorry, we don't fit into that particular lockbox.
Happily, my current favorite horse, Curlin came back home after a succesful venture into Dubai and made his 2008 US debut a winning one scoring easily in the $1,000,000.00 Stephen Foster Handicap at Churchill Downs. They are thinking of trying him on grass and running him in the Arc in France. Being by Smart Strike, he does have the breeding. His current earnings of almost 9.4 million place him in third behind Skip Away and Cigar. A win in the Arc or the Breeder's Cup will leapfrog him to over a cool 10 million and into first place.
So now we are not only making over homes, we are doing candidate's wives. My only comment is how down to earth of MO to wear an off the rack dress when she has a designer she works with back home. The Obamas elitist? Where did that idea come from?

No comments: